Our #SpeakUp small grants scheme awards funding to local community, voluntary, or not-for-profit groups, enabling them to engage with their communities about what matters to them.
How can services be made more accessible and suitable for people with a learning disability?
Luv2MeetU held group conversations, speaking to 14 of their members about health and social care in Sheffield.
They wanted to find out:
- How they feel about accessing the right health service for their needs
- What effect covid has had on them
- How they feel about the level of support that they have
- How they felt services could be improved
- Did they feel that anything was missing in service provision?
Suggestions for improvement particularly focused on ways that information could be made clearer, and how people could be supported to gain more independence.
To read in detail about people's experiences, and the recommendations we've made for improvement, read the report below.