Our #SpeakUp small grants scheme awards funding to local community, voluntary, or not-for-profit groups, enabling them to engage with their communities about what matters to them.
People with a learning disability in Sheffield share what the pandemic has been like for them
Sheffield Voices ran online group conversations, exploring the following topics:
- How have you felt during lockdown?
- How has your physical and mental health been during lockdown?
- What support have you had during the pandemic?
- Has there been any media or news stories you feel strongly about around lockdown?
- How do you feel about issues effecting the disabled community during lockdown?
- What questions do you feel are important to ask your community?
Suggestions for improvement focused on the importance of listening to disabled people, and ensuring their voices are not sidelined.
To read in detail about people's experiences, and the recommendations we've made for improvement, read the report below.