Our Enter & View programme involves visiting publicly funded health and social care services in Sheffield to talk to service users, their relatives and carers, as well as staff. Visits are carried out by our Enter & View volunteers.
Enter & View is different to an inspection - we focus on what it is like for people receiving care. Visiting places where people actually receive care is a powerful way for us to hear directly from individuals about their experiences of services.
- The home was pleasant, with welcoming communal areas and comfortable bedrooms with en-suite facilities.
- The staff members we spoke to said they were happy and well supported, with some members of staff saying they valued having regular supervision.
- The running and management of the home generally received positive feedback, although some relatives said they had difficulty with the complaints process.
- Several relatives told us about medication errors, with some residents running out of or nearly running out of medication.
- A range of relatives said they were concerned about staff capacity, especially during busy periods such as meal times.