We spoke with over 350 local people from a range of different backgrounds and life experiences.
Then in March, Covid-19 meant that everything suddenly changed. This report outlines the issues you told us about before the impact of the pandemic was known; we believe these experiences are still relevant to services as they consider how they adapt and change in light of Covid-19.
What you told us will help shape the work of Healthwatch Sheffield as we consider our focus for the next 18 months.
Your key messages:
- Mental health services are difficult to access and are not working well
- Different services across health and social care are not working well together
- Services are not tailored to people’s needs and life circumstances
- Local people are interested in wider social, economic and environmental issues related to health, the prevention of poor health and promotion of wellbeing
- Healthwatch Sheffield has an important role in gathering the views of local people and impacting change and there are ways we can expand our work