Our #SpeakUp small grants scheme awards funding to local community, voluntary, or not-for-profit groups, enabling them to engage with their communities about what matters to them.
Recommendations from the report
- GP practices need to encourage more involvement by participants to help overcome the issues around appointments, and further training for receptionists.
- GPs need to consider patients with additional support needs during consultations allowing extra time (if necessary).
- More cultural sensitivity training for GPs.
- Further consideration of the use of the use of adequate interpreting services, providing training on medical terms.
- Clear signposting of the services available at pharmacies, particularly for those for whom English is not their first language.
- More flexibility in appointments for children in order to avoid disruption to the school day.