Our #SpeakUp small grants scheme awards funding to local community, voluntary, or not-for-profit groups, enabling them to engage with their communities about what matters to them.
Recommendations from the report:
- Cut down waiting times for mental health services for young people through increasing investment in those services and staff
- Improve information about what services are available and how to access them
- Improve the flexibility of services by delivering support in different locations where young people are and by ensuring that the services meet young people on their own terms
- Support/train young people to become ‘young verifiers’ so they can use the national ‘You’re Welcome’ standards to assess services
- Improve the way young people are supported to talk about their experience of mental health
- Carry out an evaluation of the transition pathway from child to adult services