Our #SpeakUp small grants scheme awards funding to local community, voluntary, or not-for-profit groups, enabling them to engage with their communities about what matters to them.
Recommendations from the report:
- Help people new to the UK understand the NHS and how it works
- Think about communicating effectively with people whose first language is not English
- Find out more about what works well and share it
- Educate and raise awareness of NHS staff about the lives of asylum seekers and refugees
- Improve mental health support
- Increase clarity over NHS charges and challenge the ‘hostile environment'