Our Partnerships ensure a joined up approach to gathering experience data and representing citizen’s views.
We work together to strengthen the voice of people in Sheffield concerning health and social care by:
- Gathering and sharing the views and lived experiences of Sheffield’s citizens (mutual information exchange).
- Creating and promoting opportunities for local people to be involved in shaping local services.
- Creating and promoting opportunities for people to receive support to influence the planning and running of local care services.
- Making full use of opportunities to allow the voice of citizens to be heard at the right level by the appropriate bodies.
- Identifying training opportunities to benefit staff/volunteers to create greater capacity and capability for involving people.
- Promoting and raising awareness of relevant initiatives and projects of the partner organisations.
A membership and user led organisation, run and controlled by disabled people, to promote independent living for disabled people in Sheffield. Independent living means that disabled people have the same freedom and rights to exercise choice and control over their own lives as any other person.
Sheffield Flourish is a mental health charity rooted in Sheffield and owned by the community. Flourish aims to involve people who live with mental health difficulties and distress in everything they do because they value the skills, knowledge and insight of Sheffield’s communities.
They help people to share their mental health stories, and run the Sheffield Mental Health Guide, an online directory where you can search for support services in Sheffield.
City of Sanctuary Sheffield
City of Sanctuary is a movement to build a culture of welcome and hospitality for refugees and asylum-seekers. In 2007, Sheffield became the UK’s first City of Sanctuary for asylum-seekers and refugees. They run The Sanctuary, a one-stop-shop for advice, information and support, as well as raising awareness about the issues affecting refugees and asylum-seekers and advocating for their rights.
Would you like to work with us?
If you're interested in becoming a community partner and helping us to amplify the voices of Sheffield residents, get in touch:
0114 253 6688